I’m twisting today’s TTT topic in honour of Harry Potter Month! How’s that for killing two birds with one stone. These are the ten characters from the Harry Potter World that I would want with me on a deserted island. We assume that they don’t have broomsticks with them and that they can’t apparate from the island or transfigure into a sea creature to swim away… because that would just be too easy.
1. Hermione Granger – mostly because I have a huge girl-crush on her and a deserted place is as good as any to get some intelligent girl-banter done. I will need to be able to talk books to SOMEONE if we’re going to be stuck on the island for a while.
2. Rubeus Hagrid – well, he’s the gamekeeper, so he obviously knows stuff about nature. And he has that massive coat with many pockets, which I’m sure has some useful things. Also, he’s big and strong, so I feel like there’s some protection there. And he’s a real sweetheart.
3. Mr Weasly – because he would put enchantments on random objects and that would be really fun to watch – and potentially useful.
4. Neville Longbottom – another sweetie, and also great at herbology, which might be quite useful on an island. I don’t want to eat poisonous berries or anything. Also, he’s not bad-looking…
5. Luna Lovegood – for whimsical campfire stories at night.
6. Professor Trelawney - you know… it would be useful to have a bit of a timeline so that we can do our preparations. Or at the very least, to have someone who knows the constellations and can point them out to me at night. I’m sure the milkyway must look beautiful at night on an island far from civilisation.
7. Dobby the (Free) House Elf – he’s loyal and cute and… well, I want him there. He’s also a bit annoying at times, but… I think it’s okay.
8. Lee Jordan – because I love his wit!
9. Professor McGonagall – I’m not too sure how well she would do on an island to be honest, but this is more of a fangirling thing again. She’s a pretty strong leader too, which we’d need.
10. Newt Scamander – because imagine how awesome that would be?!
You might have noticed that Harry and Ron are not on this list. Well, there are many reasons for that. For one, Harry tends to attract danger and I really don’t want any more of that on an already deserted island. For another, Hermione wouldn’t talk to me if they were there. And finally, if they aren’t there and Hermione is, they will be sure to find and rescue us all!
Also… I’m not very artsy, but I did a fan artsy thing in my Wreck This Journal. I am quite pleased with the way it turned out. And I do adore Harry, in case my above paragraph made you wonder!