Top Ten Tuesdays is an original meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week: the top ten books I read in 2011.
As stated ad nauseum, I don’t read too much lately – sadly. These are some of the favourites I managed to scrape together. Perhaps the acquisition of my iPad will change that next year.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett: A month ago I didn’t even know this book existed. It is amazing and addresses every issue I have ever been passionate about. The author is also great at finding the voices of her different characters.
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer: I’ve written this before, but it is hard to believe that the book is written by the same author as Twilight.
- Three Letter Plague by Jonnie Steinberg
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Loved this book. Couldn’t wait to start the sequels.
- Another day in the Frontal Lobe by Katrina Firlik
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Testimony by Anita Shreve: This was the first book by Shreve I found enjoyable enough to complete.
To be frank, I can’t in good conscience add any other books to this list. The Hobbit was descriptive and imaginative but not nearly gripping enough and The Fallen was rather atrocious. And those are just the ones I can remember…