While Little Sister was job shadowing at the local rehab, they spent a day helping patients find their way around the kitchen. One of the patients had to make scones, which he then gave to the nurses at the ICU.
Anycase, the recipe seemed so amazingly simple that we had to give it a try.
- 4 cups self-raising flower
- 200 ml Schweppes lemonade (Sprite should also suffice)
- 250 ml creme fresh
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F
- Mix all the ingredients together (should form a medium to thick dough)
- Spoon into baking tin
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Remove from oven and enjoy with cream, jam and cheese
Ta-da! It was delicious, albeit a little smaller than your regular scone.