Today on Top Ten Tuesday with The Broke and the Bookish we share which characters we would most like to change places with for twenty-four hours.
I thought this would be easy as pie – turns out not! I realised that I read a LOT of messed up and dark books. For example, awesome as little Rue is… I don’t want to change places with her. In no particular order, my Top Ten:
1. Rose Edelstein from The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
She tastes emotion. I know Rose finds this to be a burden, and I don’t doubt the heaviness of such an ability, but I would like to experience it for a short while.
Minerva is, without a doubt, the most wonderful professor I have ever “met”. She puts the spark back into learning and she’s fun and brave too. I suppose I’d rather spend 24 hours with her than BE her for 24 hours, perhaps. And she loves cats.
3. Sylvia Bell from Slide by Jill Hathaway
Again, Vee considers her “sliding” into other people’s minds to be a curse, and I know that it must be a terrifying and exhausting experience. Nevertheless, I would like a taste thereof.
4. Hana from Delirium by Lauren Oliver
She intrigues me, and I’d like to get to know her better. I also love her wild side!
5. Anna Oliphant from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
This girl gets to spend her senior year in a boarding school in PARIS! Obviously I would bunk class the entire 24 hours and explore the place…
6. Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
This girl kicks ass! And looks good doing it too; and doesn’t care what she says or does to whom. I’d love to experience her BAMFness.
7. Brian Robeson from the Hatchet books by Gary Paulsen
This kid has it tough, but he also has an adventure that’s seventy kinds of awesome!
8. Lirael from The Old Kingdom series by Garth Nix
She’s brave, enigmatic and has some awesome adventures and powers. She also has a great friend and a wonderful history.
9. Elizabeth from Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
I wish I could do what she did. I’d love to share in those experiences.
10. Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Luna is definitely my favourite on this list. She doesn’t care what people think, she’s a little crazy and I love her sense of style. I also love her dreaminess and her personal philosophy. I would love to be more like her.