Next week I’ll be participating in Bout of Books v.05. What is BoB, you ask? It is a week-long read-a-thon “usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in”. It is low pressure, so participants are asked to set goals in order to read more than they usually do, and that’s about it. There are challenges too, and a grand prize (which is a blog re-design, how cool?).
Cool thing is: I’m on a four week theory block and next week is only the second week. So I think I can do it. Yay.
Books I aim to read:
- Dracula by Bram Stoker (I’ve actually already started this one for the Coursera Fantasy and Science Fiction course, but I think I’ll only finish it on Monday)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (unit 4 of FantasySF)
- The Day of First Sun by Sheryl Steines
- She Wulf by Sheryl Steines (#3 and #4 are for the Novel Publicity blog tour coming soon)
- Hana by Lauren Oliver
- A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs (unit 5 of FantasySF)
I don’t know how far I will get with this list, but I’m hoping to finish at least up to and including #4. Four books is quite a lot to read during term-time (holidays would have been a whole other kettle of fish, but it is not summer everywhere in the world).
I’ll be posting updates mostly on twitter using the #boutofbooks tag. Peace🙂