Linking up with Christine from Bookishly Boisterous for this post (hiiiii! I’ve missed y’all!).
1. I think I’m joining the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril bookish/bloggy event this year. I’ve been considering it for three years and not doing it because I’m a big wuss and also we don’t really go big on Halloween here but… sometimes I like a bit of a thrill. So I think I’ll do Peril the Second, meaning I need to read two books fitting the theme. I want to read The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma and then I need one other suggestion. I’m thinking something YA and not tooooo scary. Suggestions?
2. So many book-to-movie adaptations coming out that I haven’t read! The Maze Runner and The Giver – those both look good and I need to get on them soon. The trailer for Gone Girl, which I HAVE read, doesn’t look so great though. Think I’ll skip that one.
3. I’m on Paediatrics and picked up a nasty bug at the beginning. That’s what happens when you forget to get your flu vaccine, kids. I’m finally better though and managed to do a few runs this weeks.
4. Sometimes I feel like this blog is all over the place. Like, books and medicine and travel and some political ranting and I can’t help thinking that maybe if I were more of a “niche” blogger things would go better. But there is no way that I could run more than one blog at a time, and I also really don’t WANT to write exclusively about just one of those things.
5. ELEVEN WEEKS TIL MY FINAL FINAL EXAMS. Fourteen weeks til Oath Taking and graduation. Uhm. I don’t even know how to feel about that!
6. Our Final Year Ball is around the corner. I bought fabric for my dress this week and I am so excited. Still need to make appointments for hair and nails and STUFF. And shoes. I need pretty shoes.
7. I don’t have a favourite song. Weird right? I don’t have anything I want to listen to in my room or while running. But when I turn on the radio while I drive, like EVERY SONG IS MY FAVOURITE. I don’t get it either.
8. There’s a good chance that I got my first choice for Internship which is so exciting. We only find out our placements later this year but at least I know that I matched with one of my top five choices.
9. My Netgalley Feedback to Approval Ratio is 84%. Aren’t you proud of me? Although honestly it’s probably partially because I get approved for so few titles as I’m not from US/Can/UK. Boo.
10. My boyfriend a.k.a The Boy a.k.a. GeekBoy, who notoriously does not read unless I am reading out loud to him, has gotten hooked on audiobooks. Thanks to yours truly, obviously, who made him listen to Harry Potter with me. YAY! We don’t quite have the same taste in books but I don’t even care. HE’S READING.