SO. In a turn of extremely good luck I AM GOING TO NEW YORK CITY SOON! It’s too complicated a story but essentially: I’ll be there for three days. I’ll see Madonna in concert at Madison Square. EEEEP.
I’ve JUST recently had leave from work and was fully intending on taking my next week holiday in December but this is kind of too big an opportunity to pass up so OH WELL.
Can you tell I’m hopping up and down on my bed with excitement?!
I was in NYC in 2010 for Pride and all sorts of fun. So it’s been a while. Also, Googling NEW YORK CITY is extremely overwhelming. Therefore I call upon you, my glorious bloggy friends, to offer advice and answers to my questions:
- What do people wear to a Madonna concert?!
- I want to go to bookshops! Nice ones and then also some cheap ones. I fully intend to pack three outfits and bring tonnes of books back. Because duh. Which ones should I definitely not miss? (Please don’t point me to articles like “Best bookshops in NYC” because they are just overwhelming. Tell me YOUR favourites, bearing in mind that I won’t be in town for long.)
- Free wifi… is it easy to find?? I think I will just take my iPad and leave my laptop at home.
- Other bookish places to visit? Somewhere that I can buy geeky Harry Potter stuff or what not?
- Any medical nerdy type places?
- Any must-go places that are underrated?
- Cheap-ish places to eat?
- I bought a pop-up map in 2010… can I still use it? I’ve also downloaded a gazillion maps on my iPad.
I’m planning on doing some of these things. Tell me if you agree or disagree with any of them:
- running in Central Park (any other good run spots? Trail running spots?)
- walking the High Line
- Chelsea market
- Museum of Natural History
- rooftop bars – any suggestions?
OHMYGOSH just tell me everything please!
I can totally go without sleep for a few nights in order to soak up as much as possible. Jet lag? Doesn’t matter, I work 24 hour shifts anyway😉